Have you just discovered your child needs braces? You may be curious about the price you will have to pay.
It may surprise you that there are many different types of braces available.
Depending on the type of braces your child receives, your cost may vary.
- Pros: Metal braces are the most commonly distributed braces material used by orthodontists. Metal braces are the oldest version of braces and should be available at any orthodontist in the country.
- Cons: Some patients do not prefer metal braces as they are very visible on the teeth.
Estimated cost: $3,000-$7,000.
- Pros: Ceramic braces contain colored brackets in order to camouflage on to the tooth more effectively.
- Cons: Ceramic braces are more brittle than metal braces. The light color can be prone to staining if not cared for properly.
Estimated cost: $4,000-$8,000.
- Pros: Lingual braces are completely hidden as they are installed behind the teeth.
- Cons: Difficult to install and tighten.
Estimated cost: $8,000-$10,000.
- Pros: Invisalign braces are completely invisible molds that fit over the teeth. They can be removed by the patient so this is definitely the most comfortable option.
- Cons: Invisalign braces tend to take longer that traditional braces options. Additionally, Invisalign is not right for every patient (particularly for those who have a severe misalignment.)
Estimated cost: $4,000-$7,800.
Many insurance plans unfortunately do not cover braces as they are considered to be a cosmetic procedure.
Speak with your orthodontist about your insurance options.
Braces Cost Chicago
Dr. Loretta Smith and her team have the tools necessary to make your child’s experience with braces as pleasant as possible. If you are interested in our orthodontic services, please visit our webpage or call us today to schedule a consultation at (773)445-7777.