As a pediatric dentist practice in South Chicago we are often questioned about the difference between a pediatric dentist and a family dentist.
For any child a trip to the dentist can be a scary and unfamiliar experience. At Loretta Smith Dentistry we do our best to make your child’s dentist experience fun, stress free (and tear free) and happy!
Family Dentistry vs. Pediatric Dentistry
The main difference between a family dentist and a pediatric dentist is that pediatric dentists and their staff are specifically trained to work with children.
While family dentists offer all of the same general services, they may not be adequately trained to deal with the dental needs of your child’s tiny mouths.
Below are some reasons why pediatric dentistry might be the right fit for your family:
- We are kid-smart! – Our entire staff is trained to deal especially with children. We are able to anticipate and understand behavior patterns in children and work hard to make each child feel comfortable in our office.
- We understand little mouths– We are trained to work on children from infancy all the way to the teen years and every step in between.
- We are trained to work with children who have special needs- We understand that each child requires individualized attention and our staff is trained to cater to your child’s specific needs.
- We understand kid specific issues– From thumb sucking to pacifiers, baby cavities to bottle feeding, we have seen it all and know exactly the protocol to help your child.
- We make it fun!- Pediatric dentist offices are typically a kid friendly zone. Toys, games, books and puzzles make a trip to our office a pleasant experience for your child.
- We take the time with your child– We understand that children can be frightened by all of the shiny instruments we use every day. We make an effort to always take the time to explain each instrument and answer any and all questions your child may have in order to relieve any fears.
To schedule a visit with our office contact Loretta Smith Dentistry today at (773)445-7777.